Thanks for Everything!

Emily stands next to a Ricefield Bulrush plant
 My time with the Friends of Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge began over 4 years ago. I have had the opportunity to be immersed within their Habitat Restoration Program, first as a volunteer, and then as an employee. I have been the Habitat Restoration Technician for the Friends for over a year and working in this position has been the experience of a lifetime. I have learned so much about what it means to work in the field of conservation/restoration, and I have gained knowledge that I will carry with me for the rest of my life! 


Emily and Elena with volunteers smiling at the camera

I wanted to let everyone know that I recently have decided to further my career in restoration, and I accepted a position with another local conservation agency, stationed in Vancouver, WA. I want to reiterate that working in this position has been absolutely amazing. The experience that I have gained is invaluable and it has prepared me to confidently move forward in my restoration career.


Emily in wading gear with a net
I have had the opportunity to build relationships with some amazing coworkers and volunteers. I am thankful for every single person I have had the chance to work with during my time here. This is not a goodbye, but a thanks, for everything! See you around.

-Emily Kitali

*This blog has been enabled to be passed on to someone in the near future, but there will be a pause on blog postings for a time while we wait for someone new to take it over* 

Comments

Popular Posts